2.5/5
I'm only passing this because it had a generous douse of squid, fresh and crunchy.
Other than that, there were simply too little peanuts and the sauce was too spicy and overwhelming.
But at $3.5o, I happily polished it off. Still, never returning there again.
2. Lontong at Bukit Batok central food court
3.5/5
Awesome. Longtong was of the right texture. Tender and moist. Chilli sauce added some kick as well.
3. Satay
Beef was well marinated. though a bit on the tough side, I enjoyed chewing (: 3.5/5
Mutton was very tender and well-marinated without a gamey taste at all. Maybe I'll order a plate full of this next time. Definitely my kind of comfort food (: 4/5
4. Yong Tau Foo
3.5/5
Fried Yam, beancurd skin and brinjal. All stuffed with fish paste. Not bad at all. Soup may be a bit bland for some but it was just right for me. Definitely see myself visiting them again!
5. Khong Guan egg tart
3/5
with three other pastries, cost my mum $10.
Not bad. Crust was flakey, though I thought that the custard could have been more gooey and fragrant. This one had a gelatinous texture and the egg taste was somehow missing.
For dessert, I whizzed up some papaya and cooked red beans and barley.
And them drenched it in sweet oat milk from Marigold.
totally sinful, especially the addition of the sucrose loaded oat milk.
But it was completely worth the calories!
Tasted of papaya milk, but will a few chewy grainy bits swimming around.
I didn't mix the thick papaya jam with the milk as well, and every sip had a nice subtle contrast of textures.
Giving it a 4/5, mummy loved it too and I adored it too much to leave some for my dad xD
I'm definitely making this again!
No comments:
Post a Comment