East Coast
4.5/5.0
The appetizers were assak and salted peanuts, which were good on their own but I simply love to eat both together for the delightful tart and crunchy goodness :D
1. Bamboo clams with garlic and chives
$10 per clam
4/5
Price tag may be a little hefty but the clams were huge, fresh, tender and the garlic was fragrant and not overly salty. Little bits of vermicelli on the clam which went really well with the garlic. I actually loved the garlic paste so much that I mopped it up from my mum and sister's plates xD really wished that they had a separate dish for the vermicelli and garlic paste :D I'd totally order that.
2. Fu gui fish
$72
3.5/5
I thought this was catfish but it turned out to be the trout fish afterwards.
A really oily fish but the meat was smooth and tender, pairing well with the tomato based sauce.
A delicious choice but personally I felt that it was slightly lacklustre for the price.
Still, if you're a lover of oily fish/catfish/trout, then this is definitely a must try!
3. Tom Yum Soup
3/5
We asked for less spicy because my grandma couldn't take the heat xD
Not bad, but I felt that the soup base lacked depth of flavours, probably due to less spices being used to suit the international taste buds, given that most of their customers are chinese, japanese and westerners. The seafood in it were really fresh though.
4. Claypot bok choy and enoki mushrooms.
3.5/5
Nothing too special about this but it was a refreshing change from all the other heavy dishes.
5. Black pepper crab
3.5/5
This is supposedly one of Long Beach's signature dishes but I thought that the pepper sauce was a bit too salty and it was lacking that punch. Though I will try this again when I return to see if it was just a suey occasional kitchen flop.
6. Salted egg crab
4.5/5
This is delicious! being the health conscious one, I usually don't pick up the pieces of crab on the outside that are soaked in oil. But this one was just so delectable that I actually picked up those parts and wrapped them up in the lettuce leaves and eat them all! A perfect fusion of the saltiness and aroma of the salted egg yolk.
7. Seafood horfun.
4.5/5
This is one of the best hor fun I had in yearsss! Slippery, savoury slices of rice noodles. May be a bit on the bland side for some but it suits my taste! Paired with the fresh seafood its simply irresistable!
Because it was my mum's birthday, we didn't get to try any of the tofu dishes ):
Next time when I return, I'd surely go for those because tofu is my weakness xD
Overall, I'd give my experience at this restaurant a 4.5. Service was slightly slow at times but overall a great experience!
No comments:
Post a Comment