Scrambled eggs and avocado ciabatta sandwich 3.5/5
This is my first time eating ciabatta bread, and a bite into the crust was all it took for me to fall in love with them. Crisp on the outside and perfectly chewy on the inside. They're rather dry too and that's a plus, since I like my bread this way. Checking the ingredients, they're only made with wheat, yeast, salt and water I think. If not for my mild wheat intolerance, I'd buy a loaf of this bread
The scrambled eggs were surprisingly soft, fluffy, and moist, exactly the way I love them.
They were really light and I think they were prepared in a microwave and not panfrying, unlike in most fastfood and Western restaurants. Minimum, if salt at all was used to prepare these delicious runny goodness. May taste rather bland to some people, but if you're a scrambled eggs purist like me, this will impress your taste buds!
The avocado was abundant and sliced from a freshly open fruit. I saw the Indonesian lady at the counter taking a brownish, mini avocado and slicing it into two clean halves. So rest assured, the avocado slices taste brilliant! Fresh and creamy, a great combination with the eggs!
As I was there at around 9am in the morning, there were only few customers. The sandwich is on the breakfast menu but according to the lady, it's a lunch sandwich. Still, she smiled and told me that she could make it specially for me if I wanted!
Awwww, how could I reject the offer?
At $7.50, I'd say it's slightly pricier compared to the mainstream, fast-food sandwich stops like Subway, but taste wise, it trumps all of these anytime!
Who knew that fresh, healthy (free of hydrogenated oils and preservatives, yes, Subbie, I'm looking at you) bread and two simple fillings is all it takes to make such an excellent sandwich?
If I had the time, I'd definitely have written that Indonesian lady a thank-you note.
Pecan Pie 3/5
I think this was priced at $3+ and I picked this up as a gesture of love for those fragrant, chewy and decadent nuts :D
I expected some kind of a custard filling used to hold the pecans together but when I bit into it, it was a full on sugar attack. I checked the ingredients and as expected, it was brown sugar.
Born with sensitive teeth, I don't have a sweet tooth, so I usually judge a dessert by its texture (: the pecans were sugar coated and the thin shortbread crust provided a nice, earthy flavour to complement the nuts. However, I felt that there could be more texture to the pie in general and the more I ate, the more the novelty wore off and I kind of wished there were more pecans and less sugar. That given, if you have a sweet tooth, the sugar used is pretty high quality and the portion of the pie, though small, is rather fulfilling.
Rasapura - Marina Bay Sands
I've once tried their laksa before, and it was quite good so I'm here back again to grab a snack this time (: tried their vietnamese summer roll because I was looking for a healthy alternative. I must say that it tastes much better than it looks. Thin, smooth, cold and chewy rice paper rolled around an abundant filling of grated carrots, radishes, cucumber, noodles, chicken pieces and mini shrimps, dipped in sweet peanut sauce, is refreshing and a much healthier alternative to the fried spring rolls. I'm definitely replicating this with popiah skins during chinese new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment